Saturday, June 6, 2009

It begins

A very long time ago I was seriously considering making a pacifist character for EQ2 just for kicks, I thought it might be an original idea and wanted to give it a try, just to see how far someone could go with it. Well, then Gorhauth pointed out Zerokills and the whole idea lost a lot of its luster. Why should I go through all that trouble if it wouldn't be original, at least that is what I was thinking. So I put it completely on the backburner and then when I went on my fourth EQ2 hiatus the concept seemed to be completely tabled.

Now that I'm back--again--and actively playing EQ2, the idea started looking good again because even if the idea isn't original, my method apparently will be. Zerokills is an alt of Quester and one thing all those people at the top of the quest list had in common was using friends or alts as proxies. For example, friend or alt kills a mob over and over until a drop-quest spawns, then he comes over and opens the chest and accesses the drop quest. On the other hand, I won't be using proxies or other methods to get around the game mechanic. Instead, I'll work within the game mechanic and just see how far I can go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment